Do I need parental or guardian consent to be able to get contraception or have a LARC?

No. It can make it easier, but you don’t need parental consent to get contraception. Your doctor will assess your suitability for different methods based on your age and risk factors, and if they feel you are mature enough and require it, they can provide you with suitable contraception and advice. You will need your Medicare and Healthcare card though, if you want to avoid paying private fees for your consult, medication or device.

2018-09-25T19:00:52+00:0021 September, 2018|Categories: Implant, Injection, IUD, Long-acting|